The Blisk Financial Group is committed to our clients and our community. After years of supporting a number of charities and non-profits, we decided to focus our efforts and make an impact in our own community. We founded “In The Bag” – Purses for Preparedness, a women’s luncheon featuring a silent auction of designer handbags for women. Since it’s inception in 2010, this event has raised over $450,000. All of the proceeds go to support the work of our local American Red Cross, National Capital Region.
The Red Cross offers compassionate care when people need it most. Funds raised are used for:
- Food and lodging for families devastated by home fires
- Delivering blood to patients
- Teaching lifesaving skills of First Aid & CPR
- Connecting military members with their families
- Providing measles & rubella vaccinations
To Volunteer or learn more about your local American Red Cross National Capital Region, please contact: www.redcross.org or call Denise Miller 703-584-8457.
Brenda Blisk is a member of “Tiffany Circle”, The Giving Circle. The Tiffany Circle is a community of women leaders who advance the American Red Cross mission through a focused investment of time, talent and treasure. Established in 2006, they continue the tradition started by Clara Barton, 130 years ago, by engaging compassionate women dedicated to a lifesaving mission.
The Blisk Financial Group’s philanthropic work includes:
- The Lombardi Cancer Center
- The Autism Learning Center
- The Ronald McDonald House
- Good Shepherd Lutheran Church
- Southeastern District of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod
- Second Saturday
- Race For A Cure